0203 3226630

Household Expenses – Tax Relief



October 11 , 2012 | Posted by Fern Price |

Household Expenses – Tax Relief

If you are a Director/Employee and you have to work at or from home you can generally get tax relief for the extra household expenses that you have to pay. Typically these extra expenses include:

  • the extra cost of gas and electricity to heat and light your work area
  • business telephone calls

For payments of up to £4.00 per week, or £18 per month then you don’t need to provide any records of the household expenses you’re claiming relief for. For amounts above £4.00 you will need to retain supporting evidence to show that the amount of relief being claimed is no more than the additional expense that you have actually incurred.

For more advice on working from home contact our Tax and Allowance Specialists here at e-ccountant.